Artists committed to fashion and its industry, the two artistic directors of Texworld Paris share their vision of tomorrow's world as it could - should - be.
The Reenchantment is coming soon and will design the Autumn-Winter 2020-2021 collections around 4 major themes:
1. Apocalyptic fascination: « …the apocalypse is beautiful. It has the colors of flames and the warmth of fire. But it also sparkles with the reflections of the water and is covered in the cold of the ice. Like a parenthesis. A moment of suspense. In balance between the end and the beginning. A meeting point between heat and cold, between matte and shiny… »
2. Immemorial spell: « …Our history springs like a geyser. It explodes. Iridescent. It is warm and caring. She wears the colors of softness. Uncomplicated, it embraces all our facets. Magnifies them. It takes on the shape of an explosion. But not destructive. Like a flower that opens… »
3. Synthetic dazzle: « … No more subtle shades. We let the colors explode. They make everything more beautiful. So, we start by covering the fossils of our ancient civilization with them. Our waste becomes a psychedelic piece of work. Our waste splashes like rainbows. The shapes and nature of the objects mix and twist. We just let our eyes be spellbound by beauty.»
4. Astral ecstasy: « … Between the ground and the sky. But there is no choice. Our feet are anchored and our eyes are lifting us up. A past and a future. The dark colors of the depths. From the depths of the subsoil and the confines of the universe. But also, the bright colors of the light that makes people grow, that makes them dream, that proves that there is a source of life somewhere, even if our eyes are dazzled for the moment… »
The Reenchanted trendbook of The Fairyland for Fashion fairs is available for download on the following link: https://texworld-paris.fr.messefrankfurt.com/paris/en/programmeevents/trends.html
Visual to download here
Apparel Sourcing Paris, Avantex Paris, Leatherworld Paris, Shawls&Scarves Paris, Texworld Paris and Texworld Denim Paris go to make up the Fairyland For Fashion, organised by Messe Frankfurt France, held in one and the same venue and on the same dates. Entry is free upon presentation of professional credentials.
All details about textile trade shows organised by Messe Frankfurt throughout the world can be found at the new platform: www.texpertisenetwork.messefrankfurt.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
Press officers: RE ACTIVE – Frédéric Pellerin – firstname.lastname@example.org & Dimitry Helman – email@example.com – +33 1 40 22 63 19 Messe Frankfurt France – Cassandra Galli – firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 1 55 26 61 39
- Press release (pdf, 442 KB)