Le Showroom, taking place from February 1 to 5, 2021 at the Atelier Richelieu, will reveal the Trend Forum, patiently elaborated by Texworld Evolution Paris artistic directors, Louis Gérin and Grégory Lamaud. Their work, synthesized in the Émergence inspiration Trend Book, will structure the creative approaches to fashion for Spring-Summer 2022. By closing the trilogy initiated a year ago with Contre-Temps and then Egologie - which now take on their full meaning – the Émergence Trend Book consecrates the great return of nature. Illustrated through four great mythical cities - Atlantis, Zion, Metropolis and Babylon - this groundbreaking movement lays the foundations for a civilization in the making.
• Atlantis The Conqueror. « Swallowed up by the waters, the new Atlantis gushes forth [...] loaded with these most beautiful treasures - unknown pearls, invisible waves - [...] carried by the waves of its power, it is about to reconquer the world. [...] These abysses flood the future with phantasmagorical beauty. » This theme consecrates the aquatic colour palettes, very soft greens and blues reflecting the softness of the maritime nature (effects of plants, minerals and the seabed...).
• Radiant Zion. « These are abandoned places where new utopias are born [...] In the deserts of the globe stands a promised land: Zion, promise of spiritual wisdom, in those empty extents where the omnipresent sky is a divine call to the impoverished earth. Here earth and sky unite to give birth to a luminous horizon [...] Our bodies are draughts, dancing between the arms of the earth and the sky. » This universe expresses colour fields where the mineral, the powdered ochre, but also the sun and the sky confront each other in bold contrasts.
• Carnal Metropolis. « Our cities have collapsed. Our bodies suffocated. But the impulse of life still beats [...]. The city of tomorrow has not yet shown its face, but it bears the imprint of the human body [...]. The urban will have its share of the future. [...] Between crumbling rocks and bare bodies, the city of tomorrow looks desperate [...] its foundations have been nourished by our contradictory nature. » Metropolis expresses urbanity versus nature, hard colours versus soft tones in a confrontation of highly technical materials.
• Babylonian Blossoming. « [...] We are armed for tomorrow [...], our history is made up of the unexpected. Viruses, wars, ecological disasters, but also discoveries, technologies, spiritual leaps. Everything is possible. [...] Survival is not ensured by force, but by adaptation. [...] Tomorrow, we will be in the air. Without form, without dogma. [...] We will rebecome what we have always been: a simple breath of air tagging along with history. » This theme, which could be that of the Greta Thunberg generation, proposes a realistic vision of the world, in more frank, "jungle-istic", radical but always positive tonalities.
The showroom visitors, upon invitation to the time slot of their choice, will be able to discover these major themes in the Trends Forum. Established in the heart of the Atelier Richelieu, in an impressive, immersive setting imagined as an oasis of life, this space will be enriched by a selection of about a hundred samples chosen from among the 2,500 products on display upstairs in the textile libraries. They will illustrate each of the Spring-Summer 2022 universes in concrete terms. An "invitation to travel" at a time when - precisely - travel is no longer possible.
Press Invitations: As for textile sourcing professionals, press accreditations require a time slot reservation. Please contact the press service (email@example.com) to arrange the time of your visit.
Texworld Evolution Paris - Le Showroom
1 to 5 February at the Atelier Richelieu
60 Rue de Richelieu, 75002 Paris
Providing maximum convenience for visitors, Apparel Sourcing Paris, Avantex Paris, Leatherworld Paris, Shawls&Scarves Paris, Texworld Paris and Texworld Denim Paris belong to the cluster of related trade shows organised by Messe Frankfurt France, held in one and the same location, on the same dates and where entry is free upon presentation of professional credentials. All details about textile trade shows organised by Messe Frankfurt throughout the world can be found at the new platform : www.texpertisenetwork.messefrankfurt.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt:
The Messe Frankfurt group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With about 2,600 employees at 29 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €736 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- Press release (PDF, 269 KB)